Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Engineer II-Manufacturing (661719) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Engineer II – Manufacturing
Perform analysis, planning, coordination, control, and improvement of manufacturing and test operations for all phases, systems, programs, and/or products from less complicated, single focus activities to extremely complex and highly diverse activities.
*What you’ll do: *
- Improve and modify product designs assuring manufacturability; reduce product costs, meet program delivery requirements, and assure rigorous quality requirements are efficiently met through the application of professionally accepted industrial techniques, practices, and procedures.
- Develop, maintain, and enforce effective and efficient manufacturing processes, instructions, flows, systems, and facilities that meet program, customer, and government compliance requirements.
- Develop and maintain detailed production plans, manufacturing schedules, and factory forecasts in support of program and enterprise level operations.
- Develop, maintain, and enforce processes that effectively control company- and customer-owned material, property, and assets.
- Frequently use and apply technical standards, principles, theories, concepts, and techniques.
- Work on less routine tasks using knowledge, skills, and experience in different applications.
- Contribute to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects.
- Work under general supervision and follow established procedures.
- Provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 5 or more years related experience.
- Experience in manufacturing, test or design of deliverable hardware is desired.
- Ability to relate well with other people, contribute to small teams, and share knowledge and expertise. May provide guidance to lower graded employees and technicians.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills. May assist with presentation preparation.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Engineer II-Manufacturing (661719)
Job ID: 661719
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time