Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Principal Engineer - Electronics Manufacturing (661523) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Principal Engineer – Electronics Manufacturing
What you’ll do:
- Lead a multi-discipline team to meet cost, schedule, and technical requirements for assigned projects, with an emphasis in electronics assembly and manufacturing.
- Independently support the design review, build document development, assembly and delivery of multiple concurrent production efforts
- Apply and/or develop highly advanced technologies, scientific principles, theories and concepts to electronics assembly and design for manufacturing.
- Design, research and develop new processes or process improvement to reduce risk, cost or process cycle times.
- Act independently to uncover and resolve issues associated with electronics assembly, including printed wiring assemblies, electronics “box level” assemblies and interfacing assemblies.
- Plan production programs and recommend technological application programs to accomplish long-range objectives.
- Support program cost proposals and basis of estimates, with an emphasis on cost estimation for electrical assembly & manufacturing efforts
- Develop information that extends knowledge in a given field. Information may form the basis of newly developed concepts, processes and products.
- Actively support the mentorship and training of more junior employees in electronics manufacturing principles and design for manufacturing concepts.
- Lead and/or direct group discussions. Organize and direct effective meetings.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 12 or more years related experience.
- Manufacturing or Operations management background with a strong technical background in Electronics Manufacturing, Process Control or Design Engineering is desired.
- Competence at the highest levels in one or more technical fields, has intuitive feel in technical areas, establish requirements for the producibility of designs, and for cost, budget, and schedule constraints.
- Ability to work multiple activities and programs, and work all aspects of a new business effort across all engineering disciplines.
- Exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness.
- Effectiveness in providing leadership at all levels and with outside customers, see the big picture and initiate action wherever needed that are not clearly defined, able to influence program outcomes and customer requirements, and negotiate new business opportunities.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Exceptional presentation skills.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- Travel may be required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Principal Engineer - Electronics Manufacturing (661523)
Job ID: 661523
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time